After much consideration, user experience research, and testing we are pleased to release version control. This comes with the following features:
- Right click “Upload new version” to replace a document with a new version
- Automatic detection of same name on upload, asking user if they would like to replace existing version
- Full version history in the information panel
- Ability to download or restore older versions of documents, with a clear indicator of which version has been restored
- Ability to enable/disable version control in Document Settings
- Ability to change file type on new version upload
- Redactions, names, and activity are all preserved in document version history
In addition to version control, we have also gone through the interface with a fine-tooth comb and made various user experience updates, performance updates, and fixed some minor bugs we spotted.
As always, a huge thank you to the development team for pulling this together, the testing team for your vigilant eyes, our security partner for their exceptional skills, of course the clients who provide the feedback and the rest of the Ruby Datum team that tie everything together to make a smooth experience.